A visit from the Stamiles!

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

jay dee

A visit from the Stamiles!

Post by jay dee »

The Louisville Daylily Club had Grace and Patrick Stamile as their speakers last night and it was great. They are very personable people and showed the most gorgeous pictures of their '05, '06 and futures. The room was a constant buzz from the ooooh's and aaaah's. We should have been warned to bring bibs with us to the meeting.

They donated ten of their '05 intros and the bidding was furious but we managed to snag CORONAL LIGHT, a gorgeous rose-red with beautiful edge. I had intended to bring home their spider WILD AND WONDERFUL, but the people out bid us. They actually spent $20 more than you can buy the plant for, directly from them.

They showed pictures of their garden with the seedling fields, the shade covered breeding beds and the greenhouse/tropicals building.

If you ever get a chance to hear and see the various hybridizers, don't miss the opportunity. You will enjoy it.

jay dee
tee

Post by tee »

Jay Dee,
I heard from so many how great Patrick and Grace were at your club last weekend! Sounds like everyone had a great time.
We are hosting the region 14 spring meeting in 2008.
They are going to be our speakers. I had tried last year to get them to come speak at our club. They are booked three years in advance :cry:
~Tee~
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

You lucky you!
I agree with taking every opportunity to see and hear growers and hybridizers up close and personal whenever the opportunity arises ...
... Helen
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
Patricia M

Post by Patricia M »

I bet you had a wonderful time. I'm sure it was very exciting. Thanks for sharing your joy.
Trish
Life is a wheel, what you put on it comes back to you.

http://community.webshots.com/user/trish_m
New Topic Post Reply