ebay scam!BEWARE

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

notmartha
USDA Zone: 6a

ebay scam!BEWARE

Post by notmartha »

EBAY SCAM-dont get caught by this one!!! dONT BID AND IF YOU HAVE ID GET OUT OF IT!!!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhollanderbulb

"Grand Princess" the "1998 #1 AHS Winner" is a picture of POET'S REVERIE (Salter 2004) from the Salters' website.

"A Star In The Mist" looks like STARS IN THE MIST (Salter 2004) from the Salters' website.

"Feminine Intuition" the "1997 AHS Winner" is not FEMININE INTUITION (Rice 2002)

"Egyptian Myth" the "1992 National AHS Winner" is a dead ringer for EGYPTIAN MYTH (Salter 2003) on the Salters' website

"Grand Ball Room" the "1996 AHS National Winner" is anybody's guess.

"Have A Nice Day" the "1999 AHS Winner" is a dead ringer for HAVE A NICE DAY (Rice 2003) on John Rice's website.

***THERE is a HUGE discussion at tinkers about this person and what is going on!! I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this scam!!!
shadylanejewel
USDA Zone: 8a

Post by shadylanejewel »

This person is not only pulling one over on the Daylilies they also have the following auction for "Patriot" hostas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 41247&rd=1

They are using the Photo of 'Risky Business' from Shady Oaks catalog and selling 'Patriot' Hostas. SO's photos are copyright protected so I'm going to contact them.

This person has also been selling Hydrangea SEED and the following is a quote from their ad.

"The wornderful thing about Hydrangeas is they will self-seed and you'll have tons of these gorgeous plants." :???:

They also state all proceeds from the sale of the Hydrangea seed will be donated to the Tsunami efforts. :-? I'd be :o if it was true.
Julie

"To Plant a Seed is a Noble Deed - Propagation is Conservation" Norman C. Deno, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry
impatience

Post by impatience »

Notmartha-thanks for the info. What is "tinkers".

Thanks
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
notmartha
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by notmartha »

The ebayer has been TOSSED!!!!!! :D
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

Glad to read that the e-bayer is toast!
... Helen
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

How do you know they are toast? I WAS going to suggest emailing the person that bid to let them know what's up. Hate people like that! :( :evil:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply