Daylily Fanatics, unite!

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

Deb118

Daylily Fanatics, unite!

Post by Deb118 »

I have a question. Is there a web site for Daylilies like the Hosta Library???? I have around 40 named Daylilies that I'd like to find specs on.
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
jay dee

daylilies

Post by jay dee »

Go to this website - sorry I can't do a link - there are tons of daylily websites and many, many pictures. No, there isn't a daylily library like the hosta library. You might be able to find some of your cultivars.

www.abacom.com

Good luck - jay dee
notmartha
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by notmartha »

The AHS has joined with tinkers database for pictures and info on daylilies

Do a search online for tinkers gardens.
jay dee

daylilies

Post by jay dee »

Tinkers is a privately owned website, much the same as Hallson's, controlled by one person and not affiliated with the AHS in any manner.

jay dee
notmartha
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by notmartha »

ok i dont think its "official" but the ahs is looking at tinkers database in reguard to using it as their database in the future.
sorry if i mislead anyone in the above post!!!
100s of pictures are being added to tinkers site
I think it might be the biggest daylily database online right now
**but i could be wrong!
At the meeting in Cleveland, members of the AHS Publications Committee met and decided to create their own official sub-committee to examine the issues involved in this and develop a proposal. The Pubs Committee had a draft copy of our proposal and also a letter from Tinker's Gardens
indicating their desire to support an on-line database. We hope that the official committee will consider these suggestions as they develop their proposal
thats what i was talkin about! ;)
Last edited by notmartha on Mar 01, 2005 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Thanks so much, Ladies :D
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

Tinkers is where I go first when seeking a new daylily. Also look under daylily photos/pictures in your search and a lot of private sites come up that have hundreds of unusual daylilies.

Helen
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
New Topic Post Reply