my first daylily order arrived

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

notmartha
USDA Zone: 6a

my first daylily order arrived

Post by notmartha »

:P These arrived yesterday :P
Attachments
Cnv0078.jpg
Cnv0077.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Very Cool, Dori....I would want that in daylilies AND hosta's....... :lol:
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I agree with LucyGoose, very :cool: Dori! They brought a smile to my face. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
toomanyanimals

Post by toomanyanimals »

Dori, I love the Daylily shirt. I still buy some annuals :oops: , so I couldn't wear the 2nd shirt.
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C. has Daylilies

Post by oldcoot »

Will he do (big joke)

That FUNNY & VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot, named John, saying he is SO GLAD that Spring is finally here.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

Dori!!!!!!!
Thanks!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Helen
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
jay dee

daylily order

Post by jay dee »

Too funny with the shirt! I received my first two orders yesterday of the REAL thing and two of them have scapes! I will pot those up so if I get a frost they can be moved inside. The balance will go into the garden tomorrow if the rain quits.

I also have daylily blooms under the MH lights inside. It is so good to finally see a daylily bloom.

jay dee
toomanyanimals

Post by toomanyanimals »

Oh, how lucky you are JayDee to have daylily blooms in your basement!! :o

I have my Easter Lily and Amaryliss blooming. In the basement I have Impatiens blooming (Think I started the seed too early, huh? :oops: )
Henry David Thoreau
jay dee

daylily order

Post by jay dee »

My impatiens are blooming now too but I have had them outside in the portable greenhouse for the last 10 days. According to what "they" say, it takes 16 weeks from planting to bloom. I got these seeds from a friend in TN and they were purple or pink. You cannot believe the different colors I have - all shade of pink with salmonish color and pink with almost an orangeish color. I have never seen colors like these. She sent me the colors seperated into two different envelopes and to collect the seeds, she brought the blooms inside to burst into cups. Maybe this is how the different colors are made.

And YES, seeing a daylily bloom is heaven.

jay dee
toomanyanimals

Post by toomanyanimals »

I started my impatiens Feb 17th. I got them from a trade in 2004. They are midget ones. She said they were shades of salmon and pink. That is pretty much what I get from them, I also get some white. I had almost 100% germination from the seed in 2004. This year I still had plenty of her seed left and still had almost 100% germination. I still have some left and will probably use them up next spring. :(

I have most of my Daylily babies out in my tiny portable greenhouse (got from Joanne's for $12). All of them except for those that had only one baby come up. I ran out of room and transplanted some petunias in with them. :roll: I think it is still to cold to put the petunia's into the greenhouse, am I wrong?
Henry David Thoreau
jay dee

daylily order

Post by jay dee »

TMA - I put everything out as soon as I can and they stay out if the temps stay above freezing at night. Impatiens are the only thing I have brought in when it gets below 40.

I have petunias, geraniums, cosmos and salvia along with heuchera and hosta seedlings all quite happy and growing in these conditions. I know I am warmer here in KY than you probably are, but I have only had to haul everything in one time since I put them out.

The potted daylilies have been outside the same length of time too but we brought one inside yesterday because we thought it was going to open and we wanted (yup, I'm greedy) the pollen off of it.

jay dee
New Topic Post Reply