Daylilies are doing well

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

hagranger

Daylilies are doing well

Post by hagranger »

Spring is definitely here ...
Several of the daylilies are already up several inches ... especially the species type that are on the south side of the house where it's warmer and sunnier than the rest of the garden!
I am so looking forward to the daylilies ... as the hosta mania wears off that's when the daylily mania begins!
I've included some eye-candy!
Attachments
Border Baby Daylililies July 15 2004.JPG
Heavenly Dragon July 10 2004.JPG
Double Dragon vry close 8-1-04.JPG
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

Helen,
I love the pictures! Can't wait for this seasons new blooms!!!

I especially like the 3rd picture. I find it so interesting to see the full Daylily and what it is planted next to. Of course I enjoy seeing blooms :o , who doesn't. :D
That is a lovely corner of your garden.

tma
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Beautiful pics Helen! :cool:

On Tuesday I raked away all of the leaves from the bed where most of my daylilies are. Many of mine are up too. Today I found one that was missing (tag was there but no daylily) just barely poking it's nose up. I can't wait to see them blooming!
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

tma ... thanks for the compliments ... the third photo is the view I see when I enter the backyard from the north gate ... It's one of my favorites. The rest of the backyard garden extends to the left of the photo (or east)

Pia, I've also raked off the leaves so things could dry out a bit ... I found some moldy mulch in one corner and made quick work of getting that out of the garden.

So far I'm seeing a lot of pillbugs but not a single slug ... maybe with a bit of luck I've beaten back the hordes. I went for years with hardly any problem and last year I nearly went out of my mind dealing with the slugs ...

Helen
Attachments
Mary Todd July 1 2004.JPG
Battle of Gettysburg.JPG
This is Devil's Den ...
This is Devil's Den ...
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
New Topic Post Reply