Planting time

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

Annika

Planting time

Post by Annika »

Hi, I've been a bit absent because of things going on but I needed to stop by and tell you about my latest shipment from Marietta. Got :
Sherry Lane Carr
Cups of Blessings
Kent's Favourite Two
Elisabeth Salter
Mauna Loa
Electric Marmalade Magic
Big Blue
Shimmering Elegance
Pink Debutante
Spacecoast Starburst
Cerulean Star
Enchanted April
Lemon Electra
Kickin' Chicken
Shuffle the Deck
Sunshine Breeze
Sister Evelyn
Spider Walk
Romantic Splendor
Castle Pinkney
Spider Miracle
Humble Cry

Now I am afraid that I have to declare this garden officially full ! There really doesn't seem to be any way to squeeze in even one more daylily right now ! I had much trouble fitting this shipment in .... had forgotten what I had ordered and had very little space available when it arrived. "The shoe-horn" method of planting :D
Anyway, I am so looking forward to seeing some of them bloom this summer.

Annika
jay dee

planting

Post by jay dee »

Congrats Annika - your place should be gorgeous this year. You brought in so many great ones.

We did the shoe horn thing yesterday and I still have four coming in next week plus my trip to FL next week. I see another bed in our future.

jay dee
toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

Annika, such a nice list!!

I love my Shimmering Elegance. Slow to produce extra fans, but the flowers are beautiful. Also, it is the first DL to totally disappear in the fall. A real dormant! So don't think it has died (like I did the first year).

I was going to do the shoe horn method, but then we had a nice day yesterday, and hubby said I could dig up more lawn. Soooo..... bigger garden done, new daylilies planted, Sharon is happy!!!!

I did a trade and received some Japanese Iris, so today I'm thinking of digging a new area just for my Iris. :eek:
This area has a shallow spot for the J. iris and on the higher spot will go the Bearded Iris. That will open up some space in my other garden. :D
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

Nice haul Annika!
Congrats!
Helen
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
New Topic Post Reply