Blue Olive Bailey Langdon?

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

Homer_Zn5

Blue Olive Bailey Langdon?

Post by Homer_Zn5 »

Does anyone have this one? I couldn't resist when Wally World had a bag of 3 roots for sale for $1. The picture on the bag looks incredible, so I was wondering if it's too good to be true. I know I probably won't see any blooms until next year, but they are sprouting nicely right now.
"Purveyor of Trivialities and Fine Nonsense."

Homer's Hosta List
jay dee

blue OBL

Post by jay dee »

OLIVE BAILEY LANGDON is a burgandy/purplish bloom with no blue in it.

jay dee
Annika

Post by Annika »

I have learned that if a picture on a plant looks to good to be true, then it is too good to be true :lol:
But OBL is a nice daylily !

Annika
Homer_Zn5

Post by Homer_Zn5 »

I had no grand illusions regarding whether it was a true blue or not, but the pic does look like a nice Stella d' Oro with most of the flower comprising a dark purple. I had no idea daylilies came in that color, and this one supposedly reblooms!

I have very little info on this one, and was hoping that this one might be a good performer and rebloomer, much like my Stellas (which I got on a similar deal a few years back). I love daylilies in a bag. Someday, I may graduate to a daylily snob as I have with hosta, but for now, divisions or bags are fine by me. I think I have only bought a few in containers.
"Purveyor of Trivialities and Fine Nonsense."

Homer's Hosta List
jay dee

Olive Bailey Langdon

Post by jay dee »

Homer - OBL can rebloom - it is usually one of the first in the spring, then she rests and sometimes, will be reblooming when heavy frost gets it. She is bigger than Stella and doesn't give you as much rebloom, but she is definitely a great plant, gorgeous color and all round good daylily.

jay dee
angelily

Post by angelily »

My friend bought a package of these daylilies, and sadly to say it is not what the picture says, it is not what the picture shows. Here is the picture of hers that has bloomed.
[/img]
Attachments
Not  Olive Bailey Langdon.JPG
Margery
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Margery »

:lol: I bought Daring Deception in a bag at my local Walmart this spring. It too has bloomed and amazingly, it looks just like Angelily's friend's bloom! I have learned my lesson.
angelily

Post by angelily »

This has happened to my friend and I several times, and we have learned our lesson. We do not buy unless the daylilies are blooming and match the tag in the pot. It is really very irritating.
New Topic Post Reply