Some random daylily pics

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

Linda P

Some random daylily pics

Post by Linda P »

I had to go out and get a few shots of my daylilies this year. They are just spectacular this year, in spite of our drought and heat. I have somewhere over 70 varieties, most of them I've lost the names. I got a lot of them from a grower who took his overstock to a flea market. They were named varieties, but I didn't keep all the names. Lots of the others came from Hornbaker gardens in Princeton. I CAN'T buy any more daylilies, so I've got to post my pics and get the heck out of Dodge...my resistance is toooooo low!
Linda P
Attachments
One of my favorites...so bright and cheery.
One of my favorites...so bright and cheery.
Mixed lilies July 7 05.JPG
Don't have a clue who these two are, but they look good together.
Don't have a clue who these two are, but they look good together.
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Oh geepers! 70? Hmmmmmmm...I imagine one day I could dig up the back acre or so and take some of those off your hands, so you could try newer varieties! :) They are beautiful, all of them.

But you can't leave till you post all 70, k? :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Lovely! :D I like the mixture in the second pic.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Here are a couple more. Sorry, Jane...I don't have pics of all 70 of them. I suppose I should really try someday to do that, eh?
Linda P
Attachments
This group always makes me think of cotton candy.  I have this pic on my desktop right now.
This group always makes me think of cotton candy. I have this pic on my desktop right now.
One of my favorites..this one has a dark red back on it, and it grows under a prunus cistena. BTW, it's Savanna Moon...don't know where I got Havanna!
One of my favorites..this one has a dark red back on it, and it grows under a prunus cistena. BTW, it's Savanna Moon...don't know where I got Havanna!
I have this one marked Cimarron, but I can't find anything about it anywhere.  Whatever it is, I love it.
I have this one marked Cimarron, but I can't find anything about it anywhere. Whatever it is, I love it.
Last edited by Linda P on Jul 14, 2005 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Hosta List
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

They are all beautiful, Linda! :cool:

Once I figured out the correct spelling (Cimarron, I must have typed it incorrectly the first time I tried), I found it at Tinker's Gardens Daylily Database. Here is the info on it. :D

LORD RP+EL, 1938, Height 48", EM, Evergreen, Medium Yellow Orange with EZ
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Ooooooh! That Cimarron is a pretty one! The other has a red back? Interesting, anyway you can show that? :)
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Thanks, Pat. I'm not entirely sure that is the one I have, but it could be. It's a very bright orange, but I don't know if I'd call it a yellow orange.
I'll have to get a pic of the backside of Havanna Moon....(now there's a mental image...moon...backside.. :lol: ). It's not quite as dark this year as usual, which I'm thinking may be related to our lack of moisture, but it is still visible. It's in a part of the garden that I haven't watered at all.
Drat it all, I knew I shouldn't even have come over here. I keep telling myself that I have more daylilies than anyone ever needs, and I love every one of them, but then I look at all the pics and find it hard to resist adding more. :eek:
Linda P

My Hosta List
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Someone told me it's okay to be obsessed? Are you saying it isn't? :lol:
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Obsession is perfectly fine in my book. However, I am already at the limits of my ability to keep up with what I have now! So, Jane, when are you coming over with your shovel?? You don't even have to plan a midnight raid, just waltz over in broad daylight. Some of these clumps of daylilies are 8 or 10 years old or more, and they are really getting huge. Some of my friends (people from the 'old days' when our kids were small) were over for iced tea last week, they hadn't been here for at least 8 years, and one kept saying "Are these daylilies really old? How did they get so big?".
Linda P

My Hosta List
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

All beauties! In the first group pic, is that an all white one in the back? :o :o I didn't think there was a pure white hem.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

OED, that's an asiatic that snuck into the picture. Sure would be great if it was a hem! I have an unkown near-white, but I'm not sure what it is. I have Ice Carnival on my list, but that's not it because I know that one died. I have Moon Frolic on my list as a 'cream' color, and I also have 'white' possibly Gentle Shepherd? on my list., I made this list in 96, so it's hard telling what it actually is. I can't remember back that far... :lol:
Linda P
Attachments
Near white lily July 7 05.JPG

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply