A Trish Baby Blooms

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

goldenmom

A Trish Baby Blooms

Post by goldenmom »

This is the second year of blooms from seedlings that PatriciaM sent me a few years ago. Trish, if you're reading, the plants continue to do well, and increase has been wonderful this year. Thank you, again!

I've taken to calling this Lori's Smile, dedicated to my boss, and friend, who has been diagnosed with Discoid Lupus. Her face has been ravaged with scales due to the disease, but her smile is worth a million bucks.

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

What a lovely tribute. That is a beautiful lily!

I've never heard of Discoid Lupus. I guess I thought there was only one. How sad for her, I'm sure it brought a smile to her face when you told her. That's lovely!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
PeggyB

Post by PeggyB »

I love that you did that for Lori! AND I LOVE this flower, drop-dead gorgeous! :wow:
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

What a neat thing to do! I know about discoid Lupus, my sister in law has it. Horrid thing. She hides in her house when she has a flare, and I hadn't seen one at all until last year. She's had some luck with a terribly astringent cleansing routine that her doctor put her on, and she avoids the sun at all costs. She only goes out very early in the morning or late at night in the summer, and has to stay where it's very cool. She attended a graduation party at the home of another sister in law, who doesn't have air conditioning, and suffered a nearly 2-month flare. It took nearly 4 years to get a diagnosis, partly because she was so sensitive about how she looked during a flare that she wouldn't go anywhere, including to the doctor, and he hadn't seen one. She's been fortunate so far that she doesn't have a whole lot of scarring.
That's a gorgeous daylily, and I'm sure also very special to you since you've named it for your friend.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

It's a beauty! :cool: What a sweet thing to do.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
New Topic Post Reply