What's Your Favorite Today?

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

goldenmom

Post by goldenmom »

Today, it's Jade Bowl. I love Bro. Charles Reckamp daylilies. :D

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I feel good, I helped to solve their mysteries..... :D

Pat, that's a nice shot of Cherrie Cheeks.....I love mine....really showy and lots of buds....

Yep, I love getting shade lovers of here...:lol: It's a killer of a forum here in the daylily forum.....:lol: Then when you go to pick out the ones to order...........You get all mixed up.......Well, I DO!! :lol:

Nice pictures everyone..... :D
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Wow! So many choices, so little mula :( Beautiful, all of them! Just wonderful of you all to share your hard work! Thanks so much everyone!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

Helen, that Heavenly Dragon Clump is really something!
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

July 19
Favorite
Twin Dragons
Attachments
Twin Dragons 7 19 05.jpg
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

My favorite today . . . Lilting Belle

She is not really such a bold color, it's really a much softer muted color with more pink than purple.
Attachments
LiltingBelle.JPG
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG! That Lilting Belle I LOVE THAT! :D
toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

GoldenMom, how many reckamps do you have?

hagranger, I do have one more Dragon. It is Fire Breathing Dragon. For 2 years now I have been wondering if it was the correct flower. Everything looked right about it except it didn't double. Finally, I got a partial double on it. Do you have this one? I was wondering if it doubles better in heat, since we have had the hot weather here and it finally doubled. Do you know it's % of doubling?

Jane, that Lilting Belle is beautiful. I know what you mean about the camera adding more color. Mine always adds more pink. But like someone had pointed out, the colors are truer on an overcast day. Is Lilting Belle a tet or a dip?

Sharon
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
goldenmom

Post by goldenmom »

Oooh Jane! I have Lilting Belle and it's never looked that good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it to do well this year.

Helen, love Twin Dragons. The color is wonderful. It must be a real stand out in the garden.

TMA, I have 3 Reckamps, I think. I'd have to check my list, and it's at home. If I were big time into hybridizing, I'd love to have Angel's Smile, but {sigh}, I'm not. I know it's hard to grow and does best in greenhouse conditions...so that leaves ME out :lol: Once I redo some of my hem beds, I'll be more aggressive about searching out the Reckamps. For now, space limitations force me to drool from afar. :D
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

Sharon,
Fire Breathing Dragon is one I don't have (hint, hint) ... :lol:
If it's like Twin Dragons it takes about three years to get established and then the first few blooms of the season are only slightly doubled and then you get the doubling.
Helen
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

It is sooo dog gone hot out there, and it will be worse on sunday & monday next week....Here is my favorites for today.....
Attachments
Frivolous Frills
Frivolous Frills
s 189.jpg
I bought this for the name a few years ago when I was shopping with Pat one time....This is *Jay*....Isn't he pretty? LOL
I bought this for the name a few years ago when I was shopping with Pat one time....This is *Jay*....Isn't he pretty? LOL
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I can not help it....here are a couple more.....PeggyB, you will be like this soon... :eek: ..:lol: :lol: :wink:
Attachments
Just look at this, Peggy.....LMBO!! Nordic Night
Just look at this, Peggy.....LMBO!! Nordic Night
Is this like beautiful or what? Good old Cherry Cheeks!
Is this like beautiful or what? Good old Cherry Cheeks!
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

For me I have several, including one that is a Morss daylily introduction that I love.
Attachments
Scotch Irish  3 7 21 05.jpg
Runemark afternoon 7 21 05.jpg
Kwaanso 7 20 05 1.jpg
goldenmom

Post by goldenmom »

This is Flutterbye. I love the name, and I love the daylily...but it doesn't love me. It's my favorite today, but tomorrow, I'll be cursing it. I usually get one or two blooms that look halfway decent, and the rest are always washed out and crappy. So, this being it's third year with no improvement, out of the garden it goes :(

JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Wow Goldenmom, that looks great today!

Lucy, don't ya just love "Cherry Cheeks"? You've got a nice clump there!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

Goldenmom,
Don't give up on it ... but if you must send it my way!
Serious ....
The problem with some of the daylilies in the northern zone is that they don't get enough heat to open well and if there's rain as the buds open you can get streaks.
Personally I think that some daylilies like Flutterbye just need to be accepted for the occasional beauty they produce.
Like Night Wings ... the two that opened today had white streaks on them because of the rain they got late in the evening ...
Some daylily buds stay tightly closed and then pop open ... others like Night Wings partially open the day before and get damaged ...
Anyway, if your serious about giving it away I'll make a home for it next to my Paper Butterfly. I'll even trade you for something I have ... PM me if you're serious.
Helen
New Topic Post Reply