A Small Bed of Daylilies

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

bobbo

A Small Bed of Daylilies

Post by bobbo »

These are some of our better ones, including some of our clubs study plants, which we get to keep a double fan from. Last year the deer ate all the scapes just days before bloom season, hence the electric fence.

I've been wrestling with my photo program to be able to upload here, I only know enough about computers to stay confused most of the time.........
Attachments
101_0363.jpg
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Hmmmm, my daylilies are mixed into all my other beds. I don't have an "all daylily" bed. Perhaps I need one!! :lol: :lol: (maniacal laughter)
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
bobbo

Post by bobbo »

Actually we have 9 beds like this and some run into hosta beds, that may sound strange but with all the trees it runs from sun to shade rather quickly in places. I do use companion plants in the hosta beds, ferns astilbes, heuchera and such, I did it with the Daylilies for a while but have given up and I think the best companion plant for a daylily is another daylily.
:lol:
bobbo

Post by bobbo »

We call this "The Plow Bed" I found that plow in a sand bar in the creek, It's got a home now. Someday, Maybe, I plan a coat of Allis Chalmers Orange on it. I couldn't find a nameplate or a chip of paint on it, or I would go for their colors, whatever they were. I did see something like it in a book at CT when they were around, Gee miss that store,there was an aftermarket company that made something similiar and it was red and black.
Attachments
Hush Little Baby
Hush Little Baby
101_0404-1.jpg (17.84 KiB) Viewed 1251 times
Daylily bed with rocks and plow
Daylily bed with rocks and plow
101_0413-1.jpg (17.05 KiB) Viewed 1251 times
This was hostas till a few days ago, they were getting burned. It will be daylilies soon.
This was hostas till a few days ago, they were getting burned. It will be daylilies soon.
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

You have a lot of work ahead of you ... looks great
Helen
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
bobbo

Post by bobbo »

Thanks, Helen. I have more than a lot to go. Should have put a pic of the pond on here :lol:
After the Blooms all settle down I will be removing all my lost name plants to a single area(I think) And rearranging what is left. I was at a garden Saturday Lilly Lane garden in Columbus Ind. She had perfectly straight rows and the effect was stunning, One would think something like that would look too static but I've never seen a prettier garden.

Here's a few more blooms.........
Attachments
Venusian Heat by Jamie Gossard
Venusian Heat by Jamie Gossard
Almost All Green by Tim Herrington
Almost All Green by Tim Herrington
101_0412.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
I think this is Divertisement Too much in the eye for Kindly Light, Any guesses?
I think this is Divertisement Too much in the eye for Kindly Light, Any guesses?
101_0408.jpg (21.58 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Man oh Man, Bobbo!! I really like that last one!! Very nice!!! And your beds look great..... :D

Thanks!! :D
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

So um, what are you going to do with the Hosta you dug up :D :wink:

Ginger
New Topic Post Reply