Bagged THREE more dragons!

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

hagranger

Bagged THREE more dragons!

Post by hagranger »

Now hunted down, captured and going into my garden are:

Firebreathing Dragon -- A lovely red/orange blend double by J. Salter,1995; Semi-Evergreen a cross of John Kinnebrew x Ruby Night; Tet.; 28 height, 7 " bloom. Non-fragrant.

Lucky Dragon -- D. Trimmer, 2001 A lovely smaller bloom daylily red with a black-red eye-zone and green throat; It's an evergreen so I will cross my fingers in my Zone 5 garden; It is a cross of Mr. Lucky x Tetra Dragons Eye and is a Tet. Height is 27 inches. Bloom is 4.5 inches. It blooms early to mid-season; Not fragrant and does rebloom. Sandard flower form and is fertile both ways and considered good as a pod parent.
It is considered to be a good height for veiwing, and to have great branching.

Spacecoast Dragon Prince: J. Kinnebrew 2002. A lovely light pink etched red eye with matching wired picotee edge -- basically pink with rose circular eye-zone and gold/green eye-zone.
This is a Semi-Evergreen, a Tet., 32-inches with a 5.5-inch bloom. It blooms Early to Mid-Season. It has a standard flower form.

Helen
Attachments
Spacecoast Dragon Prince
Spacecoast Dragon Prince
want Spacecoast Dragon Prince.jpg (5.02 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
Lucky Dragon
Lucky Dragon
want Lucky Dragon D. Trimmer.jpg (26.52 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Firebreathing Dragon
Firebreathing Dragon
want fire breathing dragon Salter J 2000 Photo Ridaught Daylily Farm.jpg (42.68 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
Ed_B
USDA Zone: 4b

Post by Ed_B »

Congrats Helen

Looks like you got yourself some nice dragon's to add to your collection
Ed
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:beer: Good for you!! I love the Firebreathing Dragon!
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Wow! They are all nice, but that Fire Breathing Dragon really does look like he's got spitting flames!! :eek:
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

Helen, I sent you Firebreathing Dragon several years back, did he not make it? :(
He did not double well for me, so if that is was the problem for you, you may not think it was really firebreathing I sent you. But I bought him from a reputable dealer. You will have to let me know if this new one you have doubles better for you.

sharon
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

Sharon,
You sent 'Little Red Dragon' in 2004. LRD is doing well and I'm looking forward to seeing it bloom. I traded you hosta Blue Cadet, Chartreuse Wiggles, Green Eyes, Wogon Koba and Kabitan for it.
If I remember correctly we were talking about Firebreathing Dragon and then I had the opportunity to get Firebreathing Dragon this year at a very low price and snagged it.
Helen
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

Sorry Helen, thought I had sent that one to you also.
glad you finally got it. I hope it doubles better for you than it did for me.
sharon
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
New Topic Post Reply