Finally, some pics

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Finally, some pics

Post by JaneG »

Well, it's been a rainy spring and summer here . . . the daylilies would prefer a little more sunshine, but despite the rain they are blooming for me! Today it wasn't raining so I went out and took some pictures. Didn't get around to it til late afternoon, so the flowers are looking a little 'old'.
Inspirational Thought - I've had this one for a few years now and still love it.
Inspirational Thought - I've had this one for a few years now and still love it.
Special Angel - the first time I've seen it in bloom!   Check out that fabulous shade of yellow and those edges!!  Love It!   Thanks Caliloo (trade '08)
Special Angel - the first time I've seen it in bloom! Check out that fabulous shade of yellow and those edges!! Love It! Thanks Caliloo (trade '08)
Don Stevens - Thanks LucyGoose (trade '07)
Don Stevens - Thanks LucyGoose (trade '07)
Tommy - Another pretty yellow, this one is loaded with small yellow blooms and has just gotten started, so will be going for a while yet.  Thanks LucyGoose (trade '07)
Tommy - Another pretty yellow, this one is loaded with small yellow blooms and has just gotten started, so will be going for a while yet. Thanks LucyGoose (trade '07)
Big Smile - Bought this two years ago after seeing pictures of it posted here.   Pretty, huh?
Big Smile - Bought this two years ago after seeing pictures of it posted here. Pretty, huh?
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
JaneG

Re: Finally, some pics

Post by JaneG »

And one more . . .
Parchment, IN - an unregistered Fred Smith daylily from Hornbakers (he names his unregistered daylilies after small towns).   This one is a lovely light-to-medium yellow with very recurved petals which makes the blooms look like puff-balls.   It it a prolific bloomer and grows quickly.
Parchment, IN - an unregistered Fred Smith daylily from Hornbakers (he names his unregistered daylilies after small towns). This one is a lovely light-to-medium yellow with very recurved petals which makes the blooms look like puff-balls. It it a prolific bloomer and grows quickly.
JaneG
Ed_B
USDA Zone: 4b

Post by Ed_B »

Nice pic's Jane
I like Inspirational Thought, & Special Angel the most, I really like the edge on Special Angel
Ed
Annie

Post by Annie »

Very pretty, all of them!!!

I absolutely LOVE that first one :o
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
John

Post by John »

I love BIG SMILE! Reminds me of another favorite, BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS.
fullofit

Post by fullofit »

Parchment, IN, I like the shape and the fact it is a prolific bloomer. Lots of flowers all together. Wonderful. CHAR
CHAR (wild4flowers)
Happiness is making a bouquet
of those flowers within reach !
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Fred Smith has some pretty ones...I really like yours. I almost got one when I ordered from them for this fall. Big Smile is really nice too...well shoot they are all nice! :D
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Hey Jane - is Special Angel the ones that smells just heavenly? I remember I sent you one that I bought at the nursery because the scent of it drew me across 3 rows of DLs until I found it.....

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Hi Alexa! Special Angel is lightly scented. You also sent "Big Yellow NOID" (that's how I labeled it), which is the one you said that drew you in by the awesome smell and big bloom. It's planted next to Special Angel and is also blooming now . . . and smelling wonderful! :D

PS - 3 open blooms on Fooled Me today!! :wink:
JaneG
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

strange how the colors can change from year to year.

Big Smile is one of my most years favorites, it bloom and bloom with huge flowers ... in a soft white, yellow note... then this year it have a pink note..and if I didn't know it would be this year only.. it had to leave the garden.
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply