An Old Coot named John Saying Good Morning

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

An Old Coot named John Saying Good Morning

Post by oldcoot »

As OC was sitting on his deck this morning, Drinking his first cup of coffee he noticed that back behind his Iris, in the back yard, his Dayllies are starting to bloom beautifully again . Since OC is not allowed to go out in the yard with his riding wheelchair,and that is the only way he travels now a days, he will look back trough his files, which are all saved on CD's, and see if he can find those that are now blooming. They will will soon be added to his Smugmug albums. He will post a link for you to check them out when he finishes getting them posted there. He reactivated his account there this past week-end.

A very happy Old Coot named John to be be back his many good friends........
:D :D :D
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
downsouthWDE

Re: An Old Coot named John Saying Good Morning

Post by downsouthWDE »

Good to see you here, OC! I thought this board was dead. Nothing but crickets here over the weekend. :D
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Sounds great OC!!! :D
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Ed_B
USDA Zone: 4b

Post by Ed_B »

Nice to hear from you OC
Ed
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Old Coot!!! Good to see you!! I need to call you, too.....should do that soon!! Love you!
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Lucy, you are a sweetheart. OC really feels like he is really back in the "fold". He placed an order for some Liliums recently with Chris, and his kids are going to plant them for him in a bed right in front of his Kitchen Table Window. We had some beautiful Iris bloom there this spring (how did yours do thiss year - remember you should divide them every two years so you can have more. OC also had some Liliums bloom there this spring, that were planted 5 years ago, but got killed back when they were up about 8" when they were killed by a freak Easter Sunday freeze. They had not seen since. OC had a very wet spring and he guesses that the water got down to where the bulbs were and they just decided to come up agin. Had six diffirent color to bloom.
For fathers day Joy gave me a Cannon 2200 Point and Shoot camera, so next year OC WILL post pictures of them. Coot
FREEZE
:beer: :beer: :beer:
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I love you Old Coot!!....No, I really need to divide those iris big time....they did not bloom... :( ......but my othere have.....I know about wet here too.....raining way too much and I have weeds as tall as me back there...I need a crew.... :lol: It is good to see you! I need to get back here more myself.....but gardening isn't going good for me......I think I will be getting rid of a lot......not that I want to, but I can not do it anymore and it is a mess back there...I did it, too..... :( ......can't seem to get help......oh well.....I do stay busy with the dogs..... 8-) .....I love you all!
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Unfortunately that is why OC too, quit gardening - just could not do it any more. But now that my kids have shown pity on me (really GREAT KIDS; Love everyone of them to pieces)they are going to plant some new Liliums this year for me, behind the Iris, my son is going to move where i can see them out the Kitchen window. Thank you Good Lord for all you many blessings. :blush: :blush: :blush: And Miss Lucy thank you for being one of my Facebook friends. Just getting started, so am a little slow to know what all to do. My BIL,Richard has helped me a great deal though. Your Old Coot named John
New Topic Post Reply