Crustless Zucchini Pie - Easy & Good

Share recipes for salads, side dishes, appetizers and more.

Moderator: Chris_W

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Crustless Zucchini Pie - Easy & Good

Post by JaneG »

Here's a recipe for all the extra zucchini you find this summer. I call it "Zucchini Quiche" because that's what it's like.

Put the following in a large bowl -

1 chopped onion
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. grated parm cheese
4 beaten eggs (I use egg substitute)
1 T. parsley

Stir together above ingredients, then add -

3 c. grated zucchini
1 c. Bisquick
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

The recipe says use two greased 9" pie plates. I use one greased 7x11 casserole.

Bake at 350 for about 35 - 45 minutes. Knife inserted in the center should come out clean. I let it sit for a few minutes to set, before serving.

Very yummy, you can't tell it has zucchini in it! It reheats well in the microwave for leftovers.
Last edited by JaneG on Aug 01, 2005 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Jane.....We love zucchini, and I will have to try this! Thanks again!! :D
hostaaddict

Post by hostaaddict »

Thanks Jane, will try this when I get some zucchini. It sounds like some of my impossible pie recipes which I love..........Jackie
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Jackie, I read this while eating lunch at the computer at work, while eating leftover zucchini pie that I brought for lunch!!

Impossible pies? Tell me more . . .
JaneG
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Mmmm, It sounds delicious, Jane! :D I haven't made a quiche in ages.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
hostaaddict

Post by hostaaddict »

Jane, don't you remember the "Impossible Pie" craze that went thru few years ago? (maybe it was longer than I think :lol:) Instead of crust you throw everything in a blender, along with some Bisquick and blend it and then dump it in pie pan and bake it. there were all kinds. Cheeseburger pie, etc. I still have lots of the recipes. The idea is to eliminate the rich crust and cut the calories and fat. If you don't have it I will gladly post the recipe. I will also look and see what others I have. I know there was an impossible quiche too. My favorite was the Impossible Coconut Custard Pie. It was delicious!
janey

Post by janey »

I tried a few of the "impossible pies" and never had much success...but I tried this tonight, and it was really really good. I didn't have shredded cheddar but I had shredded monteray jack, and that worked well. Next time I think I'll just add some extra cheese, maybe some on top. But there will be a next time---this was easy and good and I can tell it will reheat easily.

Thinking next time I need an appetizer for anything, I'll make this in a 11x13 pan and cut it into squares.

Worth trying!!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh man....I forgot all about this one..... :oops: Making a note to for sure try it!!
janey

Post by janey »

Did the second 9"er as a re-heat tonight, and it was just as gppd as the first night....didn't have any "reheated" taste or texture to it....am definitely sending this one around to my kids that cook. Very easy. Very yum. (methinks needs more cheese---of any variety)
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Glad you enjoyed it!

I was thumbing through the Hallson's Cookbook that Deb put together last year (or the year before?) and found a recipe almost exactly like this one that PeggyB submitted. So I have to share the credit with her, I wish I had noticed her recipe sooner. I'm going to try her variation next.
JaneG
New Topic Post Reply