Another wing recipe

Share recipes for salads, side dishes, appetizers and more.

Moderator: Chris_W

caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Another wing recipe

Post by caliloo »

The other wing thread reminded me that I haven't made these in a while. They are a more traditional wing recipe, but they have just the right balance of hot/sweet for my taste. Of course, you can adjust hotter or less spicy depending on taste. So, guess what is going on the menu for next Sunday while we watch football!

Alexa's favorite wings

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
40 to 50 chicken wings, third joint removed
Sauce, recipe follows
Nonstick cooking spray

Combine flour, salt, pepper and red pepper in a plastic, sealable bag. Shake the wings 6 at a time until well coated. Shake off excess flour and place on a baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 35 minutes.When chicken has cooked for 35 minutes, remove from oven and brush sauce generously over wings. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn wings. Brush with sauce and return to oven for 5 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce.

Sauce:
2 bottle (18-ounces) Crystal Wing Sauce
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cup hot pepper sauce, optional

Combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes. This amount of sauce is enough for 40 to 50 chicken wings.

Yield: 10 appetizer servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes