Dorito taco salad

Share recipes for salads, side dishes, appetizers and more.

Moderator: Chris_W

newtohosta-no more

Dorito taco salad

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Have any of you had this? I absolutely love it!! There are several versions of it and it's super simple to make.

Take a pound of hamburger and brown it with a package of taco seasoning. ( you can do ingredients from scratch if you prefer, but I'm lazy when it comes to cooking. :lol:) Then let it cool some.

Take a bag of the ready salad mix and add some chopped tomatoes, chopped green peppers, black olives, chopped onions, and shredded cheese. Add the browned/seasoned meat to it , along with some catalina dressing and mix well. Right before serving it, add crushed doritos and mix. All quatities can be adjusted to your individual taste.

It's really very tasty and I've found that others really like it. I rarely have leftovers. I saw Doritos on sale at the grocery store yesterday , so I'm going to whip up a bowl for the cookout on the 4th. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

The 4th of July will be a non-event for me, we had our big family party yesterday. Actually, Paul and I went to two hamburger and ice cream parties yesterday and I went to bed last night feeling like a blimp!

I think I'll try this for our lunch tomorrow. I love anything and everything Mexican or Tex-Mex and we're getting fabulous tomatoes right now.

We'll fix our salads tomorrow and think about you!! :wink:

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Absolutely!!! This is the old-fashioned taco salad recipe that I've been making since about 1980 and it's still my favorite! I also add a can of kidney beans. YUMMMY!!
New Topic Post Reply