Mama's Meatballs

Share recipes for main dishes plus hearty recipes such as soups, stews, chili, and more.

Moderator: Chris_W

caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Mama's Meatballs

Post by caliloo »

I made these agian for dinner a few nights ago and it is BY FAR the best meatball recipe I have ever had. Don't be put off by the liquid/meat ratio. Just keep mixing and it will work in beautifully. The meatballs are on the soft side when they get fried, but by the time they are done in the sauce they melt-in-your-mouth. And - you can use any tomato sauce you like - even a jar!

BTW - The "Rocco" is Rocco Despirito of "The Restaurant" reality show fame.

Alexa

Rocco's Mama's Meatballs
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 large sweet onion, rough chopped
4 cloves garlic, rough chopped
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 pound ground veal
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
5 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
2 to 3 pinches chili flakes
2 to 3 pinches salt
Olive oil, to coat hands and for browning meatballs
Cooked spaghetti (optional)

Make the meatballs: Place the chicken stock, onion, garlic and parsley in a blender and purée. Set aside.
Place the meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, grated cheese, chili flakes and salt in a large bowl. Add the puréed chicken-stock mix. Using your hands, gently but thoroughly combine all ingredients.

Coat your hands with a little olive oil and form the meatballs.

Pour oil in a large skillet to a depth of about 1/2 inch and place over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, brown the meatballs, turning once. When the meatballs have been browned add them to the sauce and simmer for at least one hour.

Serve over spaghetti, if desired
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

Alexa, that recipe sounds really good, and that kinda stuff if right up DH's alley, if ya know what I mean. I will give it a try, and let you know!
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Mmm, my mouth is watering :D
New Topic Post Reply