Taco Soup

Share recipes for main dishes plus hearty recipes such as soups, stews, chili, and more.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Taco Soup

Post by LucyGoose »

I could have swarn that it was in here but when I did a search, I couldn't find it....So here ya go Arlene....Good and Easy!

2-3 lbs of ground chuck (I use 3)
1 small onion
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 package Good Seasonings ranch dressing mix
1 can corn, undrained
3 cans stewed tomatoes
1 can kidney beans, undrained
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 1/2 cups of water.....add more as it cooks if needed

Brown meat and onions, drain grease.....Add rest of ingredients......simmer for an hour or so.....

Enjoy!

I forget who posted this recepe in the first place but DH could eat this every week.....He loves it and I thank the original person.....:-)
Arlene

Post by Arlene »

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It looks delicious . . . I'll be trying it in the next couple of days.

My 91 year old dad has moved in with us -- he's a hospice patient with inoperable cancer; probably in his last weeks of life. He's just been here a week, and tempting his appetite is one of the challenges. I'll try this with him.
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

Lucy, I almost didn't look at this, because someone I work with made taco soup, and there was hunks of wilted lettuce floating in it, looked gross!
This recipe sounds really good!! :P
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

No lettuce Roxanne.... :wink:
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Thanks for re-posting it Lucy. I made this one a year or so ago and need to make it again. After all, the weather is getting cooler which means it's soup season!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

Lucy, I was gonna print this, decided to write it down, which I didn't do. :oops: Figured I could find it easy enough. Just today, I was looking through the Hallson's cookbook. There it was!! :P I also found a couple other recipes I am gonna make for sure pretty soon here. :D
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Taco Soup

Post by govgirl75 »

Was kind of cool here yesterday, so soup seemed like a good idea. This was wonderful. Everyone here loved it, kids, mom, husband, and me. Served it with a cornbread casserole, guacamole, homemade salsa and chips. It was so easy to make. This will be a family favorite for sure.
Thanks Lucy!
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I was just checking to see if your Taco Soup Recipe was here so I could copy and paste it. I promised to make a copy for my neighbor. Now I'm going to have to make it with 3 lbs. of ground chuck. I'll bet the guys will love it with more meat. The recipe in The Hallson Forum Friends Cookbook calls for 1-2 lbs. so I've always used 2 lbs. According to your note, you originally got the recipe here on the forum on 11-28-2001 from "Ladyfingers".
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

God, I haven't made that in a couple years I think.... :lol: ....I liked it and DH did too, but now I try to stay away from the packaged processed stuff..... :???: .. :-? .. :( ..don't hate me....it is a good tasting soup, but that seasoning is ......you know.....I don't even have one here to read it....

Enjoy it anyway!! :lol: :lol:
New Topic Post Reply