I Made Gnocchi!!

Share recipes for main dishes plus hearty recipes such as soups, stews, chili, and more.

Moderator: Chris_W

Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

I Made Gnocchi!!

Post by Spider »

And it was good! I made it from scratch and was very unsure it would come out well. My Spaghetti sauce came out great too. I don't have to buy that pre-packaged gnocchi any more (it always tasted like they made it from instant mashed potatoes). I just wish I had more counter space to use. :(

Just had to brag a little. :D Not a good hot weather dish, so I'm off to the freezer for Friendly's Fruit Swirls Orange Cream. :lol:
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
LucyGoose

Re: I Made Gnocchi!!

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow, I did not know what these were, so I Googled! :lol: ....Good for you!! :beer:
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Post by govgirl75 »

Good for you. They are a bit of work, but oh, so worth it.
Glo
Epona

Post by Epona »

Good job!! I don't think I've ever had it homemade or store bought. I should try it someday. Is it just pasta or can you stuff it with cheese, etc.?
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

You could probably mix a small amount of cheese in if you wanted. It's litterally "potato pillows". It's not a pasta. I don't think you can stuff it like ravioli. I bet there's a video or two on youtube.

I first had it in an Itallian resturaunt run by an Itallian family, they made all their pasta fresh. I got spoiled, then they shut down :cry:
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
Epona

Post by Epona »

Once you start liking a place, they shut down or move. It happens alot. I actually saw someone make them recently. They made it look so easy. Thanks for telling me it isn't pasta because it sure looks like it. There are so many foods I haven't tried. I should really experiment more.
New Topic Post Reply