Monkey Bread

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Monkey Bread

Post by LucyGoose »

I used to have this years ago, but was at a girlfriends this weekend, and she made it....Man, I forgot how good (and bad for you...) it is!! I almost couldn't quit eating it...:lol:

Monkey Bread

3 packages of buttermilk biscuit tubes (10 per roll)
1 cup sugar (divided)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Take 3 packages of buttermilk biscuit tubes and cut each roll into 4 pieces. Drop roll pieces into 1 cup sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Drop sugar coated pieces into a well buttered bundt pan (don't squish roll pieces when placing then in the bundt pan)

Put 1/2 cup of the left over sugar/cinnamon mix and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1 cup butter (2 sticks) into small pan.

Bring this mixture just to a boil, take off heat right away. Carefully drizzle over the roll pieces.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.

Cool slightly in an upright position, then tip pan over onto a plate to remove monkey pull-apart bread.
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Oh man, Lucy!! I forgot all about Monkey Bread! This stuff was all the rage quite a while back. I remember when every 'food day' at work involved at least one person bringing in Monkey Bread. It was always SO GOOD!! I'll have to try it again.

Thanks for the memories (and calories)!!!!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Omg - I love this stuff! A friend of mine had a recipe that also incorporated vanilla pudding mix in it.. I'll have to see if she still has that recipe.

Here's a savory variation that we really like too.... I heard someone call this one "Piggy Bread" but I'm not sure if that is the real name or not :lol:

Bacon Bread

1 pkg (10 oz) bacon
3/4 c green pepper, chopped
3/4 onion, chopped
3 tubes (7-1/2 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1/2 c (2oz) shredded cheddar cheese
Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving drippings. Crumble and set aside. In bacon drippings (or vegetable oil) cook green pepper and onion until tender. Cut biscuits in fourths and place in large bowl. Add sauteed vegetables, crisp bacon, margarine and cheese. Toss until thoroughly mixed. Place in a 10" tube pan or bundt pan coated with Pam. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Immediately invert onto serving plate. Serve warm.
New Topic Post Reply