Butter Brickle

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Butter Brickle

Post by LucyGoose »

Okay, I must have a sweet tooth going on...Maybe it's the change causing it......I don't know! :lol: I have this baking right now in the oven, and it smells/sounds good! I will be eating this late tonight when I get home from work.....:lol: I got this from another site.....sounds good, don't it?....I'll let ya know how it comes out.

Butter Brickle

2 sticks of butter or margarine melted
2 cups of unbleached flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup chopped pecans..
Mix all of the above and spread thinly on a cookie sheet..
Bake at 400 degrees for ap 15 mins..Let cool..Crumble..and put in bottom of your 9x13 pan..Pour 1/2 jar Kraft or generic or homemade caramel sauce over.. put about a good 2 inches of vanilla ice cream..top with remainder of oat mixture..and then again the leftover half jar of caramel sauce:)Freeze
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG is this good!! (eating some now! :lol:) But I have to tell you what I did, just cause it's just the two of us....I just crumbled the nut mixture in a bowl and put 3 good scoops of vanilla ice cream and added the carmel.....I will put the crumbly stuff in an air tight container and just use it like that.....but if I was going to serve it, I guess I would put it all together in the 9 X 13 pan for company....

But yum is it good!! :D
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Mmmm, that sounds good! :D My mouth is watering. :P

I'll bet it would be good with chocolate ice cream too. 8-)
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
New Topic Post Reply