Pumpkin Fudge

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Pumpkin Fudge

Post by Patrushka »

I found a newspaper today, from October 26, that somehow didn't make it into the recycling bin. :o It had this little blurb on the front, "Scare up a few pumpkin treats". Inside were recipes for Pumpkin Fudge, Chili ~ Pumpkin Style, Pumpkin Dip, Pumpkin Pudding, Pumpkin Smoothies and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. I love just about anything pumpkin so I thought I would share. :D The source for the first three is:

http://www.pumpkinnook.com/cookbook.htm

They have all sorts of recipes and other pumpkin related info on their site including how to grow pumpkins. 8-) If anyone is interested in the last three recipes, let me know and I will post them.

Pumpkin Fudge

1 Cup Milk
3 Cups Sugar
3 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
1/2 Cup Pumpkin
Dash Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Allspice
4 Tablespoons Margarine
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Combine milk, sugar, corn syrup, pumpkin, and salt in a large pan. Cook over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly. When mixture comes to a full boil, reduce heat and simmer until mixture comes to the softball stage. Remove from heat. Beat in cinnamon, allspice, margarine, and vanilla. Cool, then beat until thick and mixture looses it's gloss. Spoon into buttered dish.

:oops: I forgot to check the link, before I posted, to make sure it worked. I took the period off of the end and it works now. :wink:
Last edited by Patrushka on Nov 21, 2005 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

Pat: anything with "Fudge" in it's name gets my attention! :lol: I might try it out for Christmas, and I will let ya know.....
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

I printed it out, might try it for Thanksgiving.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
New Topic Post Reply