Grape Salad

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Grape Salad

Post by LucyGoose »

We were at a chili cook off about a month ago, and this was there......I loved it....When I found out who made it, and went to get the recipe, 2 other ladies were doing the same thing...:lol: I am making it to take to my mom's for one of the dishes I am taking....Seems easy enough, too...

Grape Salad

1- 8 oz softened cream cheese
1- cup sour cream
1- cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1- teaspoon vanilla
4 pounds grapes....1/2 green/ 1/2 red (I am using all red...red was 89 cents a pound, green was $2 something a pound. :o )
3/4 cup pecans..

I guess, mix it all up..... :lol:
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Mmm, That sounds yummy! :D I have to tell you, I wasn't quite sure about it when I started reading the ingredients. :P When I got to the pecans, you had me. :lol: I'll be trying this one. 8-)
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Re: Grape Salad

Post by Patrushka »

I just saw that last line. :lol:
LucyGoose wrote: I guess, mix it all up..... :lol:

I googled and found a similar recipe. It uses all green grapes and less brown and white sugar. Here are the directions for putting it together:

Wash and dry grapes. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Add grapes and mix until evenly incorporated. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans, mix again and refrigerate until serving.

Hope that helps. :D

Another alternative:

Mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth and spread over grapes. You can have as many layers as you want. Sprinkle brown sugar and nuts over all.

Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Pat!

The lady just wrote the ingredients and basicly said just mix it all up... :lol:

I am making it tomorrow for Thursday, and I hope I have some left to take...:lol: That's how much I liked it....:lol:
New Topic Post Reply