Crustless Cranberry Pie

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Yes Joan! Try it with blueberries, it's totally different than the cranberry version. I've been having a slice in the morning for breakfast because it's like a blueberry muffin! :lol: I'll use any excuse to eat dessert!!!

One thing DH said I should do the next time is to sprinkle a little sugar on top halfway through baking so that it has kind of a light crusty sugar layer on top.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG, Joan, yes, make it with the blueberries!! Jane Thanks so much for being the one to think of it.....It is just as good to me as the cranberries....but I like the cranberries better I think, but sheesh it is close.....I did put the sugar in the top Jane, and I also used my own frozen blueberries.....I kept them frozen, like I did the cranberries or if you didn't , the blueberries would mush.....

Thanks Jane! Going now to eat another piece warm....:lol:
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Checked my freezer the other day and , lo and behold, there was a bag of blueberries in there! I made it using the blueberries and I LOVE it!! Especially when I warm it up and put a couple good scoops of vanilla ice cream on it. :lol:
Hubby said it was really good too, but there's not much he doesn't like when it come to fruit. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Re: Crustless Cranberry Pie

Post by LucyGoose »

Well, I have had requests for this on DH AND my side...... :lol: .....glass pie dishes are best.....(I see Libby's glass dish.......and I do not have one....yet) as the aluminum ones the berry's leave a mark.......so I got the tin ones to take......and don't have to worry about bringing them home......I have sooooo many bags of crannberry's as both DH and I would bring 2 home each time we went to the store....I am not going to be without when I want one of these pies in the spring/summer..... :lol: .....AND, I will be making/trying the blueberries for each side, too.......wonder how good it is?

Happy Thanksgiving!! :snow:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I have made this with my Namaste Perfect Blend Flour (gluten free) and it is just as good as with regular flour!! :beer: Took 2 pies on Thanksgiving, and everyone couldn't tell..... :beer: Just to let you know...... :wink:
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

This recipe is quickly becoming one of my "go-to" recipes when I have an event or need to use some kind of fruit. In addition to cranberry I've done blueberry and rhubarb. I have a pomegranate sitting on the kitchen counter right now . . . it will probably be in a "crustless pomegranate pie" on Christmas Eve!! :snow:

I'm so glad you posted this recipe! I think of you and smile every time I make it!!! :D Thanks!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

JaneG wrote: I'm so glad you posted this recipe! I think of you and smile every time I make it!!! :D Thanks!
:snow: .. :snow: .. :snow:

And thanks to prissy Tracy......... :beer:

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!! :snow:
New Topic Post Reply