Pineapple Casserol

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Pineapple Casserol

Post by LucyGoose »

Is it here somewhere? I couldn't find it in a search....I had an e-mail from a friend asking for it and I came here to copy and paste it instead of typing it out.... :oops: ....but I couldn't find it.....soooooo, I will post it for the newer members.....It is good!...I always double this because think of it....One can of pineapple isn't much...:lol: And for Thanksgiving I tripled it to take and was told that is not enough, so next year I will make two batches of 3 I think! :lol: People and kids even seem to love it. Enjoy!!

Pineapple Casserole

1 20 oz can unsweetened pineapple tidbits (You can use anything....chunks, crushed drained well or the tidbits)
3 Tablespoons flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (grate your own...the packaged stuff don't melt right...even the fine stuff)
1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine flour, sugar, and 3 Tablespoons pineapple juice
Add cheese and pineapple, STIR
Spoon into greased casserole dish
mix crackers with melted butter and scatter over top of casserole

Bake about half an hour or till bubbly.
Zee

Post by Zee »

I made this for a party last New Year's Eve. Everyone loved it. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my family who likes pineapple. I wanted to make this for Christmas at my sister's, but it turns out she's allergic to pineapple.

I'll have to try the Cranberry Pie instead. That sounds really good.

zee
Zee
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Zee!!

You could just make the original recipe....that doesn't make much......you have have it all for yourself! I would! :snow:
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Is this a dessert, Kathleen? How do you serve it? It sounds like my kind of easy, I'm making some for Christmas Eve even tho my tribe is stubborn about trying new things. :( My zucchini/sour cream casserole at Thanksgiving went untouched. (and it was delicious). DH's pasta concoctions always win. :lol:
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Mary Ann!!

Well, I don't know? :lol: It is sweet....so I guess it is, but people just pile it on their plates with all the other food....I think they are afraid not to get some if they wait.....It has been a hit where ever I take it.....Make sure you double it for sure.... :snow:
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Kathleen,

Your original post is here: viewtopic.php?t=31101

in the side dishes category.

I tried this and it didn't seem to get hot enough to melt the cheese. I think my baking dish was too deep. But it had a unique flavor. Everyone tried it but nobody went back for seconds :lol:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Chris!

Did you shred your own? You can't use the pre shredded kind or it won't melt....I have made it so much now I think I must have a nak for it because I use more crackers and butter to the top and I have made it in 3 different size baking dishes depending how many times I double/triple it.....Maybe it's a Hoosier thing.... :lol: ...I swear this Thanksgiving, I needed to make lots more as even the kids like it.....but not everyone was Hoosiers that was there..... :roll: ....Ohio, and Nebraska people too..... :lol:
New Topic Post Reply