Need a recipe!

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

cricket

Need a recipe!

Post by cricket »

Hey, I'm looking for a recipe that Brenda gave me and now I can't find it for Hostess Cream Filling. Does anyone here have it and if so would ya share it with me please. I found some that uses marshmallow cream in them and the one Brenda gave me didn't , I remember it used boiling water, powdered sugar, etc....

Thanks Cricket
newtohosta-no more

Re: Need a recipe!

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I've done a quick google search, cricket, and I haven't found one yet exactly as you described. I did find the marshmallow cream one and several others that used heavy whipping cream. I found this one that uses regular granulated sugar and you cook it on the stove:

Vanilla Cream Filling
from Baking Bites
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk (low fat is fine)
1/2 cup butter (or trans fat-free shortening)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 scraped vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract

Whisk together the flour and milk and cook in a small saucepan over medium heat until thick. This will only take a few minutes. Sir continuously to prevent the mixture from clumping and do not bring all the way to a boil. When thickened (consistency will be that of a thin pudding or custard), strain with a mesh strainer into a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool completely to room temperature.
When the milk mixture is cool, cream the butter (or shortening) and sugar together in a medium bowl until light. Add in the milk/flour mixture and the scraped vanilla bean seeds (or vanilla extract) and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 7 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape into a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip, or a large ziploc bag with the corner cut off, and set aside until ready to fill your cupcakes.

I hope you're able to find the recipe you're seeking. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
cricket

Re: Need a recipe!

Post by cricket »

Thanks Joan,

I will try this one and see how it turns out.

Cricket
New Topic Post Reply