Vanilla Yogurt Sauce

Post recipes for cakes, cookies, pies, breads, beverages, and more. Also post comments, questions, and misc. here.

Moderator: Chris_W

party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Vanilla Yogurt Sauce

Post by party_music50 »

Thought I'd post about another new try that turned out to be a BIG HIT! My mom asked me to bring fresh fruit to have with dessert on New Year's Eve, and that's a tall order for winter in New York. lol! I bought under-ripe over-priced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and nectarines, and also added inexpensive kiwis (which I love!), and I tried making this Vanilla Yogurt Sauce recipe that I found on cooks.com.

It's very fast and simple to put together, fairly healthy, and really good to use as either a sauce or a dip. I think it might even be gluten-free, lucygoose, so it might be something to perk up fruit for you. A friend even liked it with veggies dipped in it, but I wouldn't recommend that. :lol:

It came from here (http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1825,15 ... 97,00.html) but quite simply its:

VANILLA YOGURT SAUCE

1 (3 oz.) pkg. light cream cheese
1/3 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. plain nonfat yogurt
8 c. assorted fresh fruit

In a small mixer bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add yogurt; beat until smooth. Use as a fruit sauce or dip.

PS: we also tried it with hunks of apple dipped in it and it was great! but I did use regular cream cheese when I made mine!
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
LucyGoose

Re: Vanilla Yogurt Sauce

Post by LucyGoose »

Why thank-you!! I'll eat anything! :lol: And I will try it!! :cool:
New Topic Post Reply