I Had To Move My Baby Out

Discuss cacti & succulents, indoors or out, plus other plants for arid environments.

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

I Had To Move My Baby Out

Post by kHT »

She was started from a 3" piece and look how she has grown up. Yes she was fun taking outside, it' took all of us to put her out.
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

How big is that???
And I hate to sound stupid but what kind of plant is it?
Sure is pretty, big but pretty LOL.
I don't have many house plants cause of my critters in the house. I do miss them.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
kHT

Post by kHT »

Annie, the label said it was a milk cactus when I got her some 15 years ago. She is just shy 7 1/2 feet and greets everyone at my front door. She is the second one I have had, left the other in TX when we moved.
Aud
USDA Zone: zone 6

Post by Aud »

Karma, you do have a green thumb. :D
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

LOL I remember having cactus when I was younger living at home. I never really like the small prickley ones. Me and my sisiter were moving a table and yeah, I backed right into that lil sucker :eek: Stabbed me right on the ole buttocks :lol: :o :lol:o
My sister laughed at me till she was crying :lol: At least your big cactus you can SEE!!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
vintagedude

Post by vintagedude »

Good lord woman! That thing is amazing!! My problem is swinging between rotting the buggers and letting them dry up because I'm afraid of rotting them. Good job on this one! :wink:
Tim

PS: What was your watering schedule just out of curiosity?
kHT

Post by kHT »

Tim, to be honest I forget her and when I remember she should of been water long ago. But ya know if I lost her I'd cry. :cry: I had another one that was huge and all of the sudden it died, we couldn't figure out why. I told the guys no more cactus after that as I hate seeing them leave.
vintagedude

Post by vintagedude »

Yes, I know what you mean especially since most are normally very long lived but if something is amiss they croak quickly. I never know why either. I had a cactus that I neglected and forgot about most of the time for years, then one day I turned on the Roseanne Barr show and heard from the other room: "Gaaack!! Ka-klunk!!!"
Poor cactus.
Tim
kHT

Post by kHT »

Tim don't laugh but I have to hide some of ours due to some folks wanting to eat them! :lol:
vintagedude

Post by vintagedude »

Are you serious? :eek: Do they know they can eat something like a sandwich too?
Tim
kHT

Post by kHT »

Oh yes Tim, a cactus sandwich or a cactus salad! :eek:
vintagedude

Post by vintagedude »

Actually, the Cherokee Indian places here in OK do have cactus candy and cactus sodas, but that's the closest thing to eating a cactus I've ever seen. I can just see the barbs sticking through the bread on the sandwich :cool:
Tim
New Topic Post Reply