Another mystery cactus!

Discuss cacti & succulents, indoors or out, plus other plants for arid environments.

Moderator: Chris_W

Muffy
USDA Zone: 5

Another mystery cactus!

Post by Muffy »

Annie bought this for me at Lowes. They have a tag that just says Cactus & Succulents. Any idea what kind it is? Thanks!

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I don't know what kind of cactus it is, but is that a real chameleon you have there, blending in? It looks pretty cool too ;)
Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Nope...not real but I liked it in there too....LOL. Thanks!
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Just wait until that one grows up!! This one is a milk cactus, for sure.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Oh Wow! I like it! Yours is pretty! Do I need to repot it you think? It is in it's original pot and has that glued on rocks on top of the dirt. Is that healthy for it? Only paid $19.98 for this cactus. I thought is was a bragain. It has grown a couple inches since I've had it. It used to fit under my cabinet but not any more...LOL. Oh well...I love cactus of all kinds anyway. Just ask Annie....she has seen my assorted houseplants. Or rather...my jungle!
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Muffy, we got this one for $3 and it was just one plant about 3" tall some 20 years ago. I would put it in good draining sand with a little soil mix, no rocks on the top.
I would also slowly bump it up in pot size as it grows. Ours is in a 5 gallon pot but for it size should be in a 10 but my back isn't in shape to do this. One will also have to tie it up when it gets bigger due to it will go all over the place. Best of luck with yours.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Thanks for all your help! I sure will repot it & get ready to start tying up....I can't wait! I love my cactus! :D
New Topic Post Reply