New boss used to manage MBOT Japanese gardens

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

bsmcwilliams

New boss used to manage MBOT Japanese gardens

Post by bsmcwilliams »

My new intern job as a Landscape Technician at a local gated community has introduced me to my supervisor who used to manage the Japanese & Chinese gardens at the Missouri Botanical Gardens! I have been picking his brain when I haven't been working.
Of course he tells me that if I really want to learn the asian styles to go to the pacific north west, something that I was considering before this development.
Its weird, because the woman who vacated the position I sat next to in college and her birthday is the same as mine, the last day of the year. :wink:
EVEN WEIRDER...I did find out from my mother that before I was born, she made regular visits to the Japanese garden in San Jose, California. It struck me rather odd that I was drawn to Japanese gardens without really knowing why.
NOT AS WEIRD...My youngest sister recently gave birth to a son, and visits the Missouri Botanical Gardens regularly.
WHICH LEADS ME TO BELEIVE THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THINGS AS COINCIDENCES. :o
- Bartolemei
"Not all who wander are lost." J. R. R. Tolkein
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Missouri Botanical, locally known as Shaw's garden, is a must see for anyone going through, or visiting St. Louis.
www.mobot.org
whis4ey

Post by whis4ey »

My Japanese Garden 'bible' was a book by Maggie Oster which featured pics from the Missouri Garden
I got some of my ideas from there, so it must be good :)
Sam
Fujiyama Japanese Garden

If everyday I have a laugh I add one minute to my life, then surely I will live forever
Hun Ki Dory
(famous Japanese philosopher :)
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi Bart,
Enjoy your new employment.
Hi Sam,
I have also got that book by Maggie Oster.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
New Topic Post Reply