Need Help For Bonsai... Quickly

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Need Help For Bonsai... Quickly

Post by nanny_56 »

My husband gave me a Satsuki Azalea for M day. It was doing very well, in full bloom, so pretty I was putting it out in the morning and bringing in around noon. I forgot and left it out one day in hot sun one day. :eek: Now the leaves are dry and falling off very sad looking. :cry: Any one able to tell me is it to late to save or how can I tell if it's dead?

He told me if I did'nt kill this I could get more Bonsai which I have always wanted to try!!!!

Thanks for any help/advise.
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi,
Give it the thumb nail test run your thumb nail down the bark just piercing through if it is green underneath your okay but if it's brown it could be dead .but it should be okay just give it a really good soaking and place it out of the sun in a shady place ,you shouldn't bring it inside as azaleas are outside plants.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
irkwater

shrivelled satsuki

Post by irkwater »

Nanny Hi.

i did just the very same last year with my pride and joy satsuki bonsai but soakink it and keeping it in shade for a while did the trick as George suggested.

It was back in bloom this yearand looking as good as ever
Brian
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Thanks so much! I did test and I think it is still alive. I have put it in a nice shady spot outside now. Do you bring yours in in over winter I have heard to bring them in, put them in unheated area such as garage, and put them in the ground pot and all. So very confusing with different information every where!!! :-?
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
New Topic Post Reply