Quite a surprise

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

Herb

Quite a surprise

Post by Herb »

The Rubens site contains a wealth of pictures of Japanese gardens & recently they've updated their software to display their pictures with a program called Panorado.

Personally I don't care for Panorado, but if, like me, you'd rather see the pictures displayed as JPEGS there's a little box with a tick in it that says "Use Panorado Viewer" and you can untick it.

I saw this picture (the thumbnail is at bottom left) today for the first time - and was intrigued to see that right in the middle of the picture, there was - a DANDELION! It made me feel a lot better about the times when I've neglected to uproot them in my own garden.
http://rubens.anu.edu.au/japanraid1/tok ... rden/left/
Daikyo

thank you

Post by Daikyo »

Thank you for the pictures of Shinjuku Gyoen. It brought back many happy memories. I used to live as a boy round the corner from this park and many a happy day was spent in the grounds. We used to climb through a hole in the wall at the back and slip into the park! The pond was a fantastic source for crayfish, and we even came across the occasional snake in the vegetation. Now with my interest in Japanese Gardens I view the sights from a slightly different perspective!
Daikyo
Herb

Post by Herb »

It's nice to hear that it brought back those memories. Those were the days, eh?

Herb
New Topic Post Reply