change of plans

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

Colin

change of plans

Post by Colin »

Well last year we were making enquiries into moving to Cyprus to live, but it looks as though thats now on the back burner indefinitely as both sets of parents are not in the best of health and we want to be close at hand. Oh well never mind I am now throwing myself back into my garden project. Hopefully through this year I shall be putting little touches in to give the Japanese feeling. I cant go the whole hog as the Wife likes her summer colour in the form of bedding plants most of which look very un-Japanese!! :???: My water feature in the form of a water basin with bamboo spout took a bashing in the bad weather. The pot has split all around the top and pieces are falling off!!?? :( I will redesign and rebuild it as part of my project. If I get chance I will take some pictures and post my progress, while taking inspiration from Georges wonderful garden. Well to the drawing board now and I will post the first pics soon hopefully.

Regards to all

Colin
When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi,
Nice to see you back Colin and best of luck with you garden.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
Colin

Post by Colin »

Thanks George. I have been doing a lot of planning for the garden over the last few evenings, trying to work out how I'm going to incorporate the type of anual colour that the wife prefers, within a Japanese style. Has any one else dealt with this yet and maybe had some success!?
My garden fence at the top of my garden is old but in good condition apart from the posts which have rotted below ground level. My intention is to either replace just the posts with concrete replacements or those short repair posts they call godfathers. I am then trying to decide whether to completely cover the fence with bamboo screen or make a type of bamboo trellis tying them together in the traditional style and fastening that to the fence to allow plants to grow up. At the moment I have a clematis and Jasmine which are doing quite well. I have an excellent book that shows the correct knots and how to tie the bamboo together, so I may give that a go. :-?

Regards Colin
When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
New Topic Post Reply