puzzled

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

Colin

puzzled

Post by Colin »

I have tried to attach some pictures I have taken of my garden before work starts, but it wont allow me as it says the pictures have to be under 1200 pixels, or something like that. No idea what it means!. How do I change them so i can attach them??

Regards Colin
When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
Mr. Hanami

Post by Mr. Hanami »

Hi Colin,
I’m sure there is an easier way but I go to “Accessories” in my Microsoft program and click on “Paint”. I resize my pictures in "Paint" and then host them on http://imageshack.us/

I hope that helps :D
J
Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto,
J

Many Things of the past
flood to my mind
as I stand in the garden gazing at a cherry tree.
Matsuo Basho (1644-1694)
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi Colin,
It means you have to reduce the size of you photo, have you got the free photo programme called picassa off google if not just download it it is free and that will help you to reduce the size of your photo's.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
whis4ey

Post by whis4ey »

Resizing your pictures to 640 x 480 usually gets a picture of around 70-80 pixels
Any paint or photo programme will do this for you
If you hold your mouse over your photo on your own computer you will see the current size and can adjust accordingly :)
Sam
Fujiyama Japanese Garden

If everyday I have a laugh I add one minute to my life, then surely I will live forever
Hun Ki Dory
(famous Japanese philosopher :)
Colin

Post by Colin »

thanks all I'll give that a try and see if i can post my 'before' pictures

Regards Colin
When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
Colin

Post by Colin »

I have tried resizing using my present software but had no luck so i will have to down load something better. In the mean time I have been getting on with the garden. The fence panels that form the side borders have been retreated in green and the top end fence has been covered by a 2 metre high bamboo screen. I have been repairing my tsukabai which the bad weather wrecked. the pot had split around the top because of frost and snow. I have repaired the damage sealed the pot and sprayed it with stone fleck 'Plastikote'. I am very pleased with the result, it now looks like it was carved out of granite. While shopping at Homebase I found a nice Buddha that had been reduced from £15 to £5 because of a slight defect that cant be seen (result!) :D This Sunday I have various materials arriving to start some hard landscaping. Hopefully I will resolve the picture sizing issue and post some of my results.

Regards Colin
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi Colin,
Download Picassa from Google it's free and it will reduce your photo's
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
Colin

Post by Colin »

Thanks George I'll try that tonight when I get home.

Regards Colin
Herb

Post by Herb »

There are two other programs that I like & that may interest you all.

One is Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com/

The other is Jpeg Optimizer - http://www.xat.com/internet_technology/download.html

Herb
Tokyo Mike

Post by Tokyo Mike »

Colin, it looks beautiful in my mind ! Also did something new this year with my Tsukabai after replacing 3 bowls. I'll have to get some new pictures once the garden recovers from the recent freeze.
New Topic Post Reply