Rushes

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

Herb

Rushes

Post by Herb »

A few years ago I planted a Rush next to this Bird Bath. I intended to keep it watered, but soon found that I didn't need to - the birds splashed so much water onto it that the clump thrived & expanded to many times its original size. A few weeks ago the clump had got so big that I dug it up & divided it - & got enough to fill 6 pots. Maybe I should sell them. Bert
Attachments
Bird bath etc.jpg
Colin

Post by Colin »

Herb I love that path you have captured the look very well. It looks like many of the pictures I have seen in books.

Regards Colin
When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi Bert,
As Colin says a beautifull path you have made there,
best of luck selling on your rushes.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
Herb

Post by Herb »

Thanks for the compliments. The path was made about 8 years ago from concrete, using a Walkmaker form. I was very disappointed with it at first because what I really wanted was a Nobedan style path & the Walkmaker path looked too stark as well as having an obviously repetitive pattern. But I balked at the cost of hiring somebody to replace it & in any case I didn't know of anybody competent enough to make a real Nobedan path, so all that happened was that I tried to improve the path from time to time, often only making it worse.

But about 5 years, the path had lost it's new concrete look. Even better, over the last 2 years a lot of moss has grown in it.

I'm going to see if I can find a series of pictures showing how how the path's progressed over the years & if I find some, I'll post them.

Bert.
New Topic Post Reply