The path - again

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

Herb

The path - again

Post by Herb »

The path saga again. Here's that part of the garden looks now. I'm not sure that it all qualifies as "Japanese" but some of it resulted from looking at examples of Japanese gardens.

Bert
Attachments
Path etc.JPG
Colin

Post by Colin »

Bert that looks just like pictures in one of the books I use for reference. 'A Japanese touch for your garden' I bought from the Japanese section of the Epcot Centre when we holidayed at Disney about 5 years ago. Its one of my favourite books. So I think your path looks spot on!! :cool:

Regards Colin
When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi Bert,
Maybe Katsura Villa.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
Herb

Post by Herb »

Very kind of you both to say that, especially considering the picture quality - I now realise - isn't very good. When I first took it I still had my 6 year old, 19 inch CRT monitor & the resolution on that looked (I thought) O.K., but the other day it suddenly died.

Today I collected a new LCD monitor - not the wide screen sort, just a plain, 19 inch Acer AL 1916 model. I'd read that LCDs don't render pictures as well as CRTs, but the old CRT one was bigger than our microwave oven & weighed a ton, or felt like it, whereas the LCD one is thin enough to hang on the wall like a picture & I could carry it with just one finger hooked round the carrying handle of the box that it came in.

Well, surprise. Pictures display far better on the new one. And the screen is actually bigger. My old monitor's display had got so degraded that I spoiled a lot of pictures by trying to compensate with Photoshop. If any of you are wondering whether to switch from CRT to LCD, my advice is - put a few of your best pictures on a disc, take them to the shop & have them demonstrate an LCD monitor using your pictures.

Bert
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi bert,
I have had an LCD moniter for a couple of years now and have just upgraded to a Xerox 19" flat screen it is absolutly brilliant.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
New Topic Post Reply