Detail in the Zen Garden at the HCP

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

Herb

Detail in the Zen Garden at the HCP

Post by Herb »

The Zen garden at Glendale Gardens in Victoria (a.k.a. the Horticulture Centre of the Pacific) was the joint work of the garden curator, Bob Clarke, and Michael & Sean Greenfield of Greenfield Design.

I took some pictures there this morning & I thought that the way they'd arranged this spot was rather attractive.

http://www.pbase.com/mtu_fulani/image/80201732
Colin

Post by Colin »

Nice shots Herb Master sensei of the photoshop 8-) :beer:

Regards Colin
When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi Bert,
Some really great works of art that you have done on their with your photoshop as Colin says you are a master at it.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
Herb

Post by Herb »

Colin & George -

Nice of you to say that, but the real credit belongs to Bob Clarke & the Greenfields. I believe there was some debate among them about the exact colour the wall should be & Bob finally settled on that shade.

What catches my eye is the way the Nandina pairs up with the colour of the wall. It reminds me of a Japanese woodblock. (Hint - maybe George will get the urge to do a painting of it....)
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi Bert,
I might just do that, I havn't done much painting lately I shall have to get my brushes out. I have just saved the photo to my documents now I just need a bit of time.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
New Topic Post Reply