Evolving detail

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

Herb

Evolving detail

Post by Herb »

Detail of the SW corner of our garden. I'm a long way from satisfied with it. The Bamboo may stay (even though it turned out not to be the promised Black Bamboo) and so will the Tanyosho Pine (Pinus densiflora). It'll soon need a bit more thinning out I think.

But the low growing Juniper (at 3 o'clock from the Pine) is going to be moved somewhere else & I'm probably going to try to establish a bed of Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens) between the rocks & the fence.

Bert
Attachments
SW corner.JPG
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Very nice though. Typical gardener, always changing our minds :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Herb

Post by Herb »

Jane's absolutely right - we tend to change our minds! I was at a local nursery looking for some more Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens) & noticed, right next to it, some Hebe pinguifolia pagei .

I'd seen some of this Hebe in a local garden a couple of years ago and liked it, so I bought half a dozen of them instead. I planted them this morning. Now I'm hoping that they'll spread without growing too tall - and that they'll look O.K.. I guess it'll take two or three years to fill the space in.

Bert
Attachments
A300 picture 001x800.JPG
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

See there! Every changing, and isn't that the spice of life? :D And gardens of course! :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply