My fence and gate(still in progress)

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

brianinNC

My fence and gate(still in progress)

Post by brianinNC »

Well i've been working on this fence and part of my landscaping for the past few months. Here is what it looks like so far. Still a continuous work in progress..

whis4ey

Post by whis4ey »

Brian .... that is quite superb
You are doing well :)
Sam
Fujiyama Japanese Garden

If everyday I have a laugh I add one minute to my life, then surely I will live forever
Hun Ki Dory
(famous Japanese philosopher :)
brianinNC

Post by brianinNC »

i just put up the gate roof about 30mins ago but it started raining so i had to stop for the day. i'll just work on making the shingles for the roof while it's raining. Just taking it one day at a time. Thx
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Great job! :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi,
WOW, what more can I say.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
Herb

Post by Herb »

Brian,

Congratulations - that's a beautiful job. The area where you have the white or pale gravel also looks very promising.

But I'm puzzled. The fence seems to enclose a different area from the place where the white or pale colored gravel is. Am I right in thinking that the graveled area is going to be just the approach to your main garden?

Herb
Tokyo Mike

Post by Tokyo Mike »

Second George's WOW !
Well done.
brianinNC

Post by brianinNC »

Well As i do have a deck and a screened in porch I have done landscaping around just part of the deck which is to the left of the gate entry. The part i'm going to have to redesign on paper again is that about 10feet in front of the gate door is the septic system and the 5 drainage lines run in the middle of the yard so the design i had is all for nothing. I guess i'm going to have to shape and mold it around this. In the inside of the gate i can only put small shrubs and plants NO trees with long travelng roots. The gravel will continue into the back yard but the gate entry way will have some large tumbled flagstones. This is what it looked like just a year ago.
New Topic Post Reply