I'm Back....Garden Decimated !

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

Tokyo Mike

I'm Back....Garden Decimated !

Post by Tokyo Mike »

Every so often, Mother Nature gives us the opportunity (and expense) of getting a do-over.

Haven't been around much the last couple of months because frankly I was too depressed.

First a very late April series of hard freezes after the Acers had sprouted, followed by months of record heat and drought have pretty much destroyed the look and feel of my garden.

I'm trying now to look forward to re-working some things.

If I would have won the lotto, I could just have purchased George's garden ! :lol:
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

So sorry to hear about the gardens, but more so your response to that. It's so hard when things are not going well in our lives to lean on our gardens as a friend to keep us well.

On the other hand, without the gardens needing your attention, what would you do? Have all the time and nothing to do? Doubtful, but with your renewed attitude, your gardens will appreciate the time and effort you put by showing off in the coming growing seasons beyond your expectations! Good Luck with it all!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Mike

No lost plants here, but months of rain and dark clouds... my winther depression was readdy in start August, most of the hostas melted away in the cold rain...
So 2007 was a bad garden year

2008... :wink: it will be fine :wink:

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi Mike,
Sorry that I haven't replied before to your post, I am sorry to hear of the problems you have had with your Japanese garden this year but believe me some good WILL come out of it maybe the plants that have suffered just maybe could be turned into bonsai, you will survive it and your garden will look even better than it did last year.
Cheer up and keep smiling.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
New Topic Post Reply