Part of a Japanese Garden or just coincidental?

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

Herb

Part of a Japanese Garden or just coincidental?

Post by Herb »

Tim van Woensel, who lives in the Netherlands, has a magnificent collection of pictures at Pbase. One of his albums has pictures of Australia, and it includes a picture of some stepping stones crossing a stream called Wagaroo Creek. It's in the Carnarvon National Park, in Queensland.

There's nothing, so far as I can see, to indicate that it's part of a Japanese garden, but to me it looks very Japanese indeed. What do you think? Here's the URL of the picture -

http://www.pbase.com/tvw/image/70851431
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi Bert,
Yes,could quite easily be a Japanese garden, it looks great and very natural.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
whis4ey

Post by whis4ey »

Well I don't think that it does look only Japanese, but, having said that, it would certainly not be out of place in a Japanese garden
I certainly wouldn't mind something like that in my own garden :)
Very serene and inviting
Sam
Fujiyama Japanese Garden

If everyday I have a laugh I add one minute to my life, then surely I will live forever
Hun Ki Dory
(famous Japanese philosopher :)
Herb

Post by Herb »

Sam & George,

I agree that the scene looks entirely natural, & that makes me diffident about suggesting changes to it.

But if the stream were running through my garden, I might (now that I've looked at the picture for a few days) be tempted to try replacing the tufts of grass. Their trailing in the water doesn't, somehow, look quite tidy enough for my liking. I wonder if Ferns or Irises or Rushes would suit? Or would they look less natural?

Bert
New Topic Post Reply