a different veiw of my garden

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

George Nesfield

a different veiw of my garden

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi,
I have just moved this table and benches down to the bottom of the garden they are solid concrete and very heavy ,but where theres a will theres a way, also the two acers near the door was another couple of bargains I picked up last week they cost £9.99 each and are over six foot high the label is a bit smeared it says SCOLOP--NDRIF0LIUM ATROPURP I know the atropurpereum but whats the other, I am relying on you Sam ( our Japanese Maple officinado) to sort it for me because I cannot find anything similair to it anywhere on the internet.
George.
Attachments
DSCF08021.jpg
DSCF07961.jpg
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
George Nesfield

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi,
You will not believe this but just after placing the last post on the forum I checked upon who had been visiting my website and someone had been checking on my moongate and I just followed the link back to a Chinese garden with a moongate and just scrolled down the page and it was commenting on special plants and yes you have guessed it the name of my acer that I have been trying to find was there, here is what I have copied and pasted.
Acer palmatum 'Scolopendrifolium' An elegant cut-leaf tree Acer providing height without causing heavy shade.
that one was green but mine are red (Atropurpureum)
How about that.
George.
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
irkwater

Post by irkwater »

As usual George brilliant pictures
Thanks for sharing
Regards fro the other side o`thill
Regards Brian
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Gorgeous garden. I love the new bench and can only imagine how heavy it was to move. It was worth the effort though - it looks great!

Very pretty new Acers, btw - congrats on finding the names and good luck with them!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
New Topic Post Reply