Finally some pictures!

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

Henrik

Finally some pictures!

Post by Henrik »

Hi!

I talked about adding pictures in a couple of posts I done here, but sadly real life has crossed my path :)

Here are some pictures, and details for further discussions:

1) The tsukubai
When I made this small scene several years ago, it looked great, but still does. The pieris is growing strong, and the acer definetly has taken it's place. But where is the tsukubai itself? And it's supporting stones? It is under the foilage. But I wouldn't dare touching the acer, perhaps only a little.
And the pieris is growing tall, but not so dense, that is why I asked if someone knew how to prune it...
And on the far right, I recently planted a taxus since the bamboo died, probably because of lak of sun and water. This place only has a little morning sun, the rest of the day it is shady.

2) The roofed gate
Now I finally added some shingles and some water proof material under it.
My biggest concern with this gate are the doors. There is no real lock and the doors themselves are really unstable, not feeling "professional" at all. When opening and closing the gate it feels like the whole thing is about to fall off. Guess Im a shitty carpenter ;)
Some people that enter my garden open the doors in the wrong way, bending the whole thing. A real door should only be opened one way...

3)The karesansui scene
Don't really know why I call it that way, it is just something I did because I had no idea what to do here... The peonys are looking great, the stones are ridicously small, the taxus is freshly planted, the bamboo is really growing again... feels like something is missing, but what?

4)View of the back yard.
This is theview everyone passing my garden sees, it looks pretty ok, but something is missing in the background, a teahouse perhaps? And more stones...

5) Veranda
I am not happy with this at all. I think I will paint it with the same color as the house, except for the wooden deck. What do you think? It looks strange somehow, like something is missing...
I would really like a rain chain here, but will it look good if I paint the structure? I always figured a rain chain should be used with non painted wooden structures...
Any suggestions are useful here!!!

well thats it for now.. happy gardening!

cheers!
HEnrik
irkwater

Post by irkwater »

Henrik Hi.
Enjoyed all your pictures bu leave the verandau as it is.
It matches the surrounding countryside and when you are sitting on ,it becomes part of the landscape I think.
Regards
Brian
Tokyo Mike

Post by Tokyo Mike »

Love the gate.
The crouching bowl gets kinda lost though.
New Topic Post Reply