Time to move on

Discuss Japanese gardens, bonsai, and other related topics.

Moderators: whis4ey, George Nesfield

George Nesfield

Time to move on

Post by George Nesfield »

Hi All,
We have finally decided that it is time for us to move on and we have put our beatiful bungalow and Japanese garden up for sale and this time we are really going to move, the reason is that now I do not have the energy or the enthusiasum that I had when I was younger and before my treatment and I can see my garden gradually deteriorating, people say it's because my standards are to high but you really know in your own mind when the tiome as come to move on, we shall be sorry to leave it all behind but I shall be taking my lanterns and bonsai and most of my larger trees and maples are in large pots so we shall be taking those and creating a much smaller Japanese garden.FORTUNATLY my daughter is just in the process of building at her home a larger koi pond so she is having Big Lill and my best koi so we shall still be able to see them and hand feed them slices of brown bread while stroking their heads (the koi that is).
One thing for sure I shall not be leaving my friends on this forum I visit every day ,
It is now just a waiting game till it is sold the for sale sign will be going up next week
George
Anyone who never made a mistake never made anything
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Time to move on

Post by Chris_W »

Good luck with your move George, and the next steps in your life. It sounds like a tough decision, but one that we can all understand. That's neat that you are passing your koi on to your daughter :D

Take care,

Chris
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Hi, George -

I've not spent much time on this forum, because I know nothing about Japanese gardens. I pop in once in awhile to see what is happening...

I do know, though, what it is like to be attached to a garden and a home and pets and the like. I'm sure this must be very hard for you, as I can feel what it would be like as I read your post. I'm thrilled that your daughter will be taking your Koi and that you will be able to take so many of your fine plant treasures with you.

I wish you great success and comfort in your transition, and I am glad to hear you will continue to visit us here.

All the best!
Charla
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Herb

Post by Herb »

George,

While I'm sure you'll miss your present garden - and so will we all - the great thing about Japanese style gardening is that very satisfying ones can be made in the smallest of spaces. I know that your next one will also be a work of art. I look forward to seeing it.

All the best,

Herb
Tokyo Mike

Post by Tokyo Mike »

George, I cannot even imagine what you are feeling. But what you've built will live on in our memories of such a fantastic garden.
Thanks for all you have given to the hobby. I wish you only peace, contentment and happiness in the future.
I'm sure we all look forward to seeing what you put together in your new location.
Your Friend,
Mike
George Nesfield

Hi all,
Thank you all for your kind words, when we go which could be possibly months away I shall still keep you posted on what is happening.
George.
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Post by govgirl75 »

Good luck, George.
I do enjoy looking at your pictures and the pictures of others in the Japanese Garden forum. I admire all the work, discipline, and extensive knowledge that goes into your style of gardening. I know your next place will be just as beautiful, just smaller and easier to care for. How lucky your daughter is to receive the legacy of your koi.
Glo
whis4ey

Post by whis4ey »

Ah George
Life will never be the same again :)
Here's hoping that the final wrench away from what has been your 'home' for so many years will prove not to be too hurtful
Sam
Fujiyama Japanese Garden

If everyday I have a laugh I add one minute to my life, then surely I will live forever
Hun Ki Dory
(famous Japanese philosopher :)
Karesansui
USDA Zone: 7-8

Post by Karesansui »

Sorry to hear George. However if and when time has come to change I am sure you will find new challenges. :wink:
Last edited by Karesansui on Sep 17, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piet, Tsubo-en Zen-garden and or diary-blog, Netherlands
George Nesfield

Hi Sam,
Your avatar doe's you proud you look younger day by day , you will soon be back in your nappies. :lol:
George
Tokyo Mike

Post by Tokyo Mike »

Final wench Sam ? :eek:
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Have to be tuff, but I am sure you will create a new piece of beautiful garden rest where ever you go.

From the very first time I saw it, I have loved your moon gate, it is so extremly perfect and I have wished I had the skills to do one.
Loved your mosses too and the rest and peace you created.

In the Danish garden world the talk have often been about japanes gardens and I have directed several peple to this forum and your garden to see, how a Nordic Japanes styled garden can be done.

If one day, you find a great pic of the Moongate, will you please post it or send it my way.
Good luck in finding your next garden area
Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply