Fall iris blooms

Use this forum to discuss all types of Iris.

Moderators: Chris_W, John

Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Fall iris blooms

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Unexpected from this variety, which is not listed as a fall bloomer, yet is most welcome. Gay Paree (Plough, 1954)

From Schreiner's Iris Lover's catalog for 1960: "This flashy, highly colored, carnival-like flower is a piquant iris that will illuminate your garden. A snowy white floret with an overlay of chartreuse and gold on the upper part of the falls and a heavy geranium-red beard. Sparkling."

Great fragrance too. Lots of blooms to come if frost holds off. Anyone else have rebloomers going?
Attachments
gay-paree-3.jpg
gay-paree-2.jpg
gay-paree-2.jpg (37.45 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
It's lovely with the dahlias.
It's lovely with the dahlias.
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow, I love that first picture! Beautiful!

Ya know, I have not looked..... :o .....totally unlike me not to go to the back yard everyday and many times a day..... :o .....Tomorrow I do plan to get back there on my off day....I hope I can fit it in with the errends I have to do that didn't get done today.....I spent all day running/driving/running/cooking supper/walking Willie......sheesh....Like you wanted all that! :lol:

Thanks Mike.....I really like it!! 8-)
bengal

Post by bengal »

What a beautiful iris! I love it!

No rebloomers here in my very small iris collection. I do have some oldies, all NOIDs unfortunately. I can't recall whether I've ever posted pictures of them - something to do for you all next year. :)
New Topic Post Reply