Taking addieotto & jgh approach

Use this forum to discuss all types of Iris.

Moderators: Chris_W, John

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Taking addieotto & jgh approach

Post by kHT »

After fighing the massive weeds climbing up our 4 feet cement wall into the iris bed, it was time to either turn them in or pull the iris out of the bed and move them. So I pulled them all and cut their tops off, getting them ready for their new bed. The neighbor's grand daughter asked her grandmother why that lady next door was taking away her pretty flowers?? All I could do was just loaded up 4 pickle buckets of iris and moved them to the north side of the house until they can be replanted. How sad as they looked really good this year.
Last edited by kHT on Jun 09, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Gruntfuttock

Post by Gruntfuttock »

What sort of weeds are these?
Zone: This is England we don't do zones. Pick any number between 2 and 11

http://www.zyxwv.co.uk/

There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
kHT

Post by kHT »

Gruntfuttock, you name it it was crawling up the cement wall or being blown into our yard. Last year they emptied out the shed and all the stuff that was in there is now lined up against the wall and you name it's now growing in this area. The kids come and mow the grass and dump it under the huge pine trees and just leave a circle of weeds around the edge of the property as they can't get close with the riding mower. You know me and weeds, they are not permitted in this yard but I have now gone through 3 bottles of round up and 1 bottle of weed b gone, just by the middle of June. I plan on putting them on the north side but until the new fence goes up I have to store them in the buckets or lay them on the ground.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Don't let them sit in water in the buckets or they might get rot. Keep them shaded and dry and they should be just fine until you get a new bed for them done.
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
kHT

Post by kHT »

Garden_of_Mu, thanks for the advice, they are laying on mulch on the north side of the house. This morning I tipped the trellis that they had leaning on the fence forward.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply