Electrifying, SDB

Use this forum to discuss all types of Iris.

Moderators: Chris_W, John

BillyB
USDA Zone: 6B

Electrifying, SDB

Post by BillyB »

Here's another dwarf. I'm really starting to like the plicata's. There's a lot of neat new stuff coming out.

ELECTRIFYING

(Paul Black, R. 2009). Seedling N302A . SDB, 15.5” (39 cm), Mid bloom season. Standards white, overall medium violet plicata wash, lines and dots, darker stripe up midrib; style arms medium dark violet, pink violet edges; falls white, dark red-violet plicata haft becoming wide medium redviolet plicata band and sanded center line; beards heavily saturated red-orange, fat; ruffled; slight sweet fragrance. K330B : (‘Rebus’ x H289B : (D144B , ‘Amusing’ pod parent, x ‘Rebus’)) X ‘Hugs’. Mid-America 2009.

Enjoy,
Billy
Attachments
Electrifying, P. Black, SDB (Medium).JPG
BillyB
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." - John Muir
My Hosta List
gamekeeper

Re: Electrifying, SDB

Post by gamekeeper »

On one web a person was recommending bone meal for Iris is this the best approach?Mine need stimulation don't look vigorous enough.
R. Rock
USDA Zone: 3-4

Post by R. Rock »

Very Nice!

The foilage is so healthy.

There are really getting to be some wonderful, performance plants on the market from great hybridizers. :cool:
Be part of the solution
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Oh so pretty, you are making me drool!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
BillyB
USDA Zone: 6B

Post by BillyB »

gamekeeper wrote:On one web a person was recommending bone meal for Iris is this the best approach?Mine need stimulation don't look vigorous enough.
I've always steered clear of bone meal. I'm always afraid critters will pick up on it's odor and dig up rhizomes trying to get to it.
A local commercial iris grower here feeds his right after bloom season. And I believe that's the time he feeds them. He uses a high nitrogen based fertilizer. But he also "HIGHLY" recommends a soil test before anything is added.

Billy
BillyB
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." - John Muir
My Hosta List
Michael

Post by Michael »

I love it!! I think I need to buy that one for my garden...

thanks for sharing,
Michael :D
New Topic Post Reply