My Iris

Use this forum to discuss all types of Iris.

Moderators: Chris_W, John

Aud
USDA Zone: zone 6

My Iris

Post by Aud »

Sorry I do not have names. I moved and when the Realtor said I had to delete some gardens and eliminate some of the bushes. Because people may not want as much garden work as I was willing to do. I had so many things to do and work Ijust started digging and putting plants in garbage bags.

My new house has 4 acres so I have plenty of space... :lol:
CLICK TO ENLARGE

thy
USDA Zone: 7

Re: My Iris

Post by thy »

Very nice
I have a plan to get a few siberían iris once again after 15 years :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
plantaholic
USDA Zone: 5

Post by plantaholic »

Were you able to move any of those beauties?

lol My iris bed project is slowly taking form up front of the house here - the slow and expensive route - by mailorder and
lift & divide. The arrangement I have in mind will have four varieties at most :yellow,and two shades of blue; all selfs.

And here's how my iris bed looks like now.

A couple of peony clumps accentuate the arrangenent.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

I hope you get all the Iris replanted. OC is kinda looking forward to that, this summer. When we move into our new home (with my daughter) We are taking all our Iris with us. OC hopes to get them replanted so that next year he can make better pictures than he did this year. It will give him a chance to spread them out more, so each Iris will have more room. (Glad I will have someone to plant them for me - (OC will just supervise from his wheel chair.)
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I loved them all!! :beer:
abbyrose
USDA Zone: 9

Post by abbyrose »

I had to move and had no place for my iris so I found foster homes for them. When the time comes, I am welcome to have them back and leave their host with beauties of their own.
Aud
USDA Zone: zone 6

Post by Aud »

plantaholic, yes I got all the plants moved. It was not easy. I had so many hostas and even some bushes that I could not bring myself to just cut down so I dug them up also and put them in temp beds until I could get the garden areas ready for them.
New Topic Post Reply