My small Matoes

Use this area to discuss herb and vegetable gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

My small Matoes

Post by kHT »

:lol: :lol: :eek: :lol: :lol:
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

:o I am soooo jealous! So now you have to share your secrets for all of us struggling tomato growers! :lol:

Claudia
Last edited by nanny_56 on Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Motacrazy

Post by Motacrazy »

nanny_56 wrote::o I am soooo jealous! So now you have to share your secrets for all of us struggling tomatoe growers! :lol:

Claudia
She's a Nebraskan...she's born w/ great Mater skillz ;)
"There is no more fatal blunderer than he who consumes the greater part of his life getting his living,"
"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each." Thoreau
kHT

Post by kHT »

Motacrazy, I don't think it has to do with where I was born or my good looks. It's the change in the climates and the warmer seasons we just had with a little help from this spray bottle of potion. I will tell you we are seriously thinking of PVC matoe cages due to the size of these lovely gals! :wink:
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

K, 6x6 concrete reinforcing wire makes great mater cages. Super strong and the 6x6 makes easy access.
I made a dozen of them 30+ yrs ago. My brother is still using them.
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thanks OED, that is a great idea. Will have to run this past DH as he will have to make them as he now has taken over the gardening after they are planted. He just doesn't like my miracle spraying. :wink: I had one last night, took 1/2" right out of the middle on my toasted bread which was more matoe than bread. I was in heaven!!
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

Great looking tomatoes for sure!!!!!!

My plants have seen the end...and I have more salsa to make (I'm not tired of it yet..lol).

In the past years I've planted cherry tomatoes in my flower beds. I like in each bed so I can nibble as I work. I didn't do it this year and sure missed it. :-?
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

What a great idea! I love cherry tomatoes right off the vine!

Karma...those are some awesome looking maters! Just the right size to fill a whole sandwich! :wink: :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
kHT

Post by kHT »

The biggest weighted in at 1.69 Lbs and the others are all over a pound and a quarter. They are right it takes two hand to handle a Whopper! :lol:
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

What kind are these? Is it the messenger that helps them get that large?

We are definitly going to try messenger next year after reading about it all summer. Dh couldn't believe your corn when I showed him. :o

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
kHT

Post by kHT »

These are Celebrities and yes misted with Messenger with the hot summer we had they turned into giants. Two the plants pulled the cages out of the ground so next year we are expanding our options thanks to OED!
New Topic Post Reply